Last week and this week have seen a flurry of questions about ASI Wise and workshops about Ayres’ Sensory Integration, Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Who are ASI Wise?
A little bit more about at ASI Wise, the CLASI Certification in Ayres Sensory Integration and our very experienced therapist Directors, please do reach out should you need more information.
Here is some recent information about what OT’s Mandy Adamson, Kath Smith and Ros Urwin have been up to since they left SI Network in 2016/2017. Please do share with your teams, as some confusion still seems to exist about where and what we are lecturing, how to access ICEASI accredited education about the Ayres Sensory Integration, including for those practising ASI with clients beyond childhood.
- EASI project: www.easibritishisles.com and https://easibritishisles.com/ethos-of-the-easi-indc-project/. Kath Smith is the Regional Lead for the UK and Ireland. Ros and Mandy are the Country Leads for England and Scotland.
- As well as teaching many workshops in the UK and Ireland, our team has more recently also presented abroad about the application of ASI in Mental Health;
- 2017 ESIC (European Sensory Integration Congress) https://sensoryproject.plume.co.uk/2017/06/
- 2018 2 day workshop about ASI and Mental Health and SAISI’s annual conference in Durban, South Africa
- 2019 at the first ISIC International Sensory Integration Congress (2018) run by ICEASI in Cape Town, South Africa
- in Turkey in 2018 and 2019 at their National OT Conference,
- In Romania in 2017, 2018 and 2019 – paediatrics and adolescents/young adults
- And for the 2020 COVID CLASI Wine Down Wednesdays as guests of Dr Zoe Mailloux and Dr Susanne Smith Roley to an international audience (see www.cl-asi.org)
- Ros represented ASI Wise and the UK at ESIC 2019 where new assessment tools were presented and as my representative at the ICEASI meeting https://sensoryproject.plume.co.uk/2019/08/07/whats-the-sp3d/
- Ros and Kath both presented at the Romanian OT Conference 2020.
What is the ASI Wise CLASI Certification in ASI Modular programme?
Working with CLASI, ASI WISE have created a 6 module step on step off hybrid program which provides the convenience of self-paced, online learning with onsite learning for hands-on concepts (M1, M3 and M6). All the modules are enhanced through small group live mentored tutor groups online to explore the practical application and promote reflective practice. Upon completion of the program, learners will critique, analyse and use advanced theoretical-practical tools of assessment and intervention for best practice using ASI Theory and Practice. The team at CLASI have many decades of experience in continuing education in ASI. They have developed the Certificate in Ayres Sensory Integration (CASI) with an emphasis on optimal learning methods for the various types of content.
Please note those working with adults have adapted curriculum here in the UK and apply the same learning to their clients using tools like the AASH and adapted Clin Obs, SIPT and EASI.
– Read more about CLASI – founders Dr Zoe Mailloux and Dr Susanne Smith Roley please see www.cl-asi.org/international.
– To read more About the ASI Wise CLASI CASI Modular Pathway and Covid Adaptations
What is ICEASI accreditation ?
Not all terms used are the same here in the UK, Ireland or abroad. At international meetings, representatives from many international organisations have tried to establish an international standard for education in ASI. Programmes that meet criteria for ICEASI Level 2 will equate to a therapist having learnt and applied knowledge and skills to assess, interpret and clinically reason to practice – being able to provide and reflect on intervention using the principles of Ayres’ SI. Our Directors; Amanda Adamson, Kath Smith and Ros Urwin have been meeting up and collaborating with colleagues from across the globe at international conferences and forums. For many years, they have represented ASI education in the UK and Ireland, actively contributing to the development of the learning standards. This global initiative, an international collaboration now called ICEASI was launched at R2K in LA to help build an international group that could support any organisation anywhere in the world develop and offer ASI education that delivers practitioners fit to practice Ayres’ SI.
About Lecturer Qualifications: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=131462008566632&id=112734797106020
About Programmes teaching ASI: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=131457381900428&id=112734797106020
About Covid Restrictions: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=126701565709343&id=112734797106020